What You'll Do
We are seeking a Manager of Streaming Quality Assurance to lead Live and VOD streaming QA across Transmit.live’s portfolio of publisher partners. The ideal candidate will oversee VOD and Live event streaming and advertising experience, including general streaming playback, ad quality, ad insertions and testing. This individual will build procedures and best practices for Live and VOD streaming quality assurance and operations. You will develop, own, and report on key performance metrics as they’re related to the overall streaming experience and ad experience for our publishers. You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of streaming operations and broadcast engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Run 24/7 live streaming events, such as football, soccer, basketball, live concerts and other major events on a domestic and international scale.
- Manage and schedule a team of in-house and outsourced coordinators to prioritize multiple events running concurrently.
- Configure data driven and manual advertising triggers into event-based livestreams and confirm playback across all supported customer devices.
- Setup, test, and maintain end to end workflow for streaming events or to QA for testing.
- Lead and improve dashboard features and functionality related to our video services and advertising delivery
- Troubleshoot, debug, fix or report any live digital streaming and ad serving issues and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
- Support internal and third-party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
- Assist in rolling out ad integrations, measurement, encryption and DRM across VOD & live tv workflows.
- Compose daily reports summarizing new issues and resolutions to existing issues.
- Monitoring and operations of live streaming events cross platform
- Identify, diagnose, and escalate customer impacting issues quickly and clearly